Tuesday, April 9, 2013

The Science of Procrastination

by olivia, This post originally appeared at the Future Science Leaders blog.


Are you a procrastinator?
Procrastination Test

For me it really depends on what I’m procrastinating for and what distractions I have around me.
Procrastination is the biggest enemy of productivity. Unfortunately for the human race, most of us are much more inclined to the former than the latter. Having  procrastinated this blog post, I too admit to being guilty. But while I was happily procrastinating away, I did stumble on this youtube video on “The Science of Procrastination” and what you can do about it.
The Science of Procrastination

The first important step to becoming more productive is to identify the biggest areas where you waste you time. I know social media is probably one of my largest procrastination tools. If I added up all the hours I waste online in a year it would be one very, very large scary number. This infographic shows the eyeopening impact of social media on our working  productivity as well as raising the question, “Is social media worth it?”

About this contributor: An inquistive grade 11 highschool student that enjoys a wide varity of interests. She loves figure skating, drama, reading, video games and science. She has no idea whatsoever of what she wants to be when she grows up.

No comments:

Post a Comment